Thursday 14 August 2008

Flow And Intention-Manifestation

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts (Make up your mind!), I’m a Libra and a Scanner. Consequently, I’m not always clear on the specifics of what I want to do or what I want to have, since there are so many experiences and things that are equally attractive and meaningful to me. No one thing stands out.

Yet, despite this, I am absolutely unequivocally clear about what I want to be. I know exactly which energetic qualities I want to be present in my life.

Clarity is important when it comes to intention-manifestation. But, how specific do we need to be? If we want to manifest a new car, for example, do we need to imagine every detail, from the make and model to the colour and engine size? Or is it more effective to focus our attention instead on the energetic qualities that we associate with having a new car and to be that now?

These are questions that I’ve been putting to my guides. Their response: flow first, specifics later.

Allowing Flow brings us into alignment with energetic qualities such as love, joy, peace and abundance, As such, our physical world will start to change to reflect these. We do not have to direct exactly how we want these qualities expressed, although we can if we so choose.

If we do decide to create something very specific, aligning with the flow of Source energy first makes manifesting these particular features easier. It takes far less effort to channel energy into specific details when we are already in a state of Flow than it does when we are impeding the stream of Source energy.

In addition, the more aligned we are with Flow, the less likely it is that we are attached to any specific characteristics that we decide to include in our intentions and creations. When we find ourselves intending to manifest something very specific, it is a good idea to reflect on why we want those particular physical characteristics. This can entail being very honest with ourselves – do we want a BMW, for example, for ego-based reasons (usually fear-based, such as “people will think less of me if I don’t have an expensive car”), or simply because, to us, it is a fun expression of the energetic quality of freedom? It is when we are truly not attached to specifics that it is best to introduce them into the equation.

I had the opportunity in recent months to undertake some of this reflection for myself. My husband and I bought a house (the legal and administrative process is now complete, and we move in today in fact!). When we first walked through the front door of the house at the initial viewing, it felt like coming home. The house was a perfect energetic match for what we had intended. Yet, very few of the specific physical details that we had wanted were present. Upon reflection, I realised that some of the characteristics that I had wanted to manifest in my ideal house were very much the choices of my ego. It was an eye-opening process, but one from which I was able to bring some more limiting beliefs into my conscious awareness to work on releasing them. As for the other characteristics to which I had no ego attachment… well, it turned out on closer inspection of the house at the second viewing that we’d be able to make some fairly minor alterations to the property to bring it in line with what we wanted!

All in all, our house-hunting and house-buying were a wonderful example of flow in action. The timing of the purchase and move for both us and the sellers was spot-on in terms of our respective life circumstances and requirements, and the entire legal, financial and administrative process has proceeded very smoothly and effortlessly. I’m certainly intending for the flow to continue on moving day itself!

I’m also intending for the effects of flow to extend to BT (British Telecom) and our internet service provider connecting everything at the new property as arranged, so please leave your comments – I’ll be popping in to reply to them!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mag, I love your post!! I'm also manifesting for my dream home but going by our calculations, this dream should not bear fruit till about 2-3 years later due to logistical reasons. I considered how specific I should be, in my asking and have come to the conclusion that the intent behind what I asked for, is very important and needs to be clear.

Thanks for sharing!! Hope everything goes well with the lines. I know how frustrating that can be, since I'm in a temporary location right now.

Anonymous said...

First of all, I'm completely and utterly impressed that you're blogging while moving. I moved two weeks ago and my posting frequency has been appalling! :-) No more excuses, I guess!

Also - great article! It really is more important to align ourselves with the vibrational qualities we want present in our life, rather than getting attached to how these manifest. In the end, we get way, way, way more than our poor little minds can possibly imagine! I just recently manifested something fairly mind-blowing and wonderful that my egoic Self would have never chosen.

Thank Goodness the Universe knew better than my ego!

Blessings,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Very interesting post. In all of the law of attraction studies I've read, I've been informed to picture my desired object/lifestyle/state of being in as much detail as possible. Your comment brings much to thought.

Congratulations on your new home. My question is: do you give credit for bringing it into your life to "The Law of Attraction"?

T

Anonymous said...

Hi Mags - Asking ourselves why we want a particular thing is important and I'll remember your advice.

In the past I haven't and I guess that if I had, I wouldn't have wanted some of those things at all.

Anonymous said...

Evelyn - Thank you! As you can see, the transfer of our phone line and broadband actually went very smoothly and it was up and running at the specified time! I'm only now getting a chance to sit down and reply to comments though - we've been very busy, but very happy getting settled in our new house!

All the very best with your manifestation of your dream home!

Anonymous said...

Andrea - Hehe, thanks to Blogger now allowing scheduled posts, I could make it look like I was blogging on moving day! Unfortunately, my organisational abilities didn't extend to writing the next post yet, so that one might be a bit delayed until I make some time later this week to put fingers to keyboard :)

Thanks for your comments about the article - the universe always far exceeds expectations!

Anonymous said...

T - Thank you and welcome! Yes, the advice about being specific is very prevalent and I think is good advice in some respects as it does get people focusing on what they want rather than what they don't. But, the next step is to look honestly at the "why" behind what you want.

And, yes, I would credit the Law Of Attraction in manifesting this new house. I use the term LOA as it is recognisable to people today, although to me it is just another way of expressing what to me are very deep spiritual principles regarding how the universe and energy work. This house is absolutely a physical expression of my (and my husband's) energy and intentions. I think I'll write a more detailed post about the whole house-hunting and purchasing process - it taught me a great deal about intentions and manifesting, and it was absolutely fascinating to watch the process unfold and change as we became clearer in intention and more aligned with flow.

Anonymous said...

Cath - Absolutely, when we are able to identify some things as ego-based wants, the desire for them usually dissipates. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I too feel that it is important to examine your motivation (as used in Buddhism) for intending anything. Motivation determines whether you are with the flow or moving against it.

As for imagining in detail, my experience is that doing so can sometimes help in arousing the emotional support that is required in the process of manifesting or as I outline it: Imagining, Intending and Allowing (IIA). Without such authentic emotional support, the exercise is merely an intellectual one devoid of the energy of attraction.

Anonymous said...

Lucy - Yes, allowing our imaginative faculties free reign can definitely get our emotions involved. When we're moving from a negative emotional space to a more positive one, this is a helpful exercise as it gets us thinking about what we want rather than what we don't want. But getting egoically attached to those details can act to derail the process, so it is also important to examine motivations, as you pointed out.